He prayed, “O lord, God of our ancestors, you alone are the God who is in heaven. You are ruler of all the kingdoms of the earth. You are powerful and mighty; no one can stand against you! “(2Chronicles 20:6).
This is a reminder of the ingredients of Prayer according to Jehoshaphat’s example:
To be God’s kind of leader, follow this example: Focus entirely on God’s power rather than your own!
- Commit the situation to God, acknowledging that only God can save, help, solve, create, make anything happen for us.
- Seek God’s favor because you are God’s child.
- Acknowledge God’s sovereignty over the current situation.
- Praise God for His glory and take comfort in his promises.
- Profess complete dependence on God, not on yourself, for deliverance.